Friday, July 29, 2011

Common Sense...not so o

Well, it's been a while.  I guess I've been busy.  It is summer time after all and I would much rather spend my time out doors then inside at my computer.  Even more so when I'm chained to my desk working for 'the man' 5 days a week and I only have a measly 4 weeks vacation which I've already used most of.  Seriously with the odd day here, a week in the spring, a week in the summer and other obligations (i.e. lawyer appointments - a whole other posting) those 4 weeks are all too short and precious.  And no, I'm not a government employee so I don't get to bank time, have personal or volunteer days or banked sick time either.  I can't imagine how that 4 weeks works for those with kids.  If your kid is sick that's a vacation day.  If the day care is closed that's money finding another sitter or vacation time.  It's not real 'vacation'.  Alas, this was why I'm here today....

Just been through an experience and I'm not sure what to think.  I've been taken for granted before.  I know this.  Most times I'm too nice and let things slide I probably shouldn't.  I know this as well.  For the most part I beleive I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.  I recently had someone tell me I was the most non-adversarial person they've dealt with.  I'm a lover not a fighter and a giver not a taker.  I know this.  I think *most* others who know me know this as well.  Yet, there are some who should know me better than most who believe the complete opposite.  It's baffling.  And it bugs me.  It bugs me to the core.  Hurts actually.  A lot.  I'll admit that.

-----work-----

OK, well I got interrupted and now I have to leave.

Perhaps I'll finish this another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment